Lion sport pulls out of Derby County takeover deal
In a statement, the club said the proposed takeover had already received approval from the Independent Football Regulator and the English Football League (EFL), with notification of the sanction received last week

Derby County has confirmed that discussions with Lion Sport over the purchase of a controlling interest in the club have been discontinued.
In a statement, the club said the proposed takeover had already received approval from the Independent Football Regulator and the English Football League (EFL), with notification of the sanction received last week
However, Derby revealed that Lion Sport informed them on Monday that it no longer wished to proceed with the acquisition.
The Championship Club added that it is now no longer on the market and will continue operating under the ownership and support of Clowes Developments.
“Derby County will continue to operate under the loyal, committed, and unwavering support of Clowes Developments,” the club said.
The Rams said preparations remain on course for the new EFL season, which begins with a match against Charlton Athletic on Saturday.
The club confirmed it would make no further comment on the matter.



